What is Web Hosting?
Web hosting is important for any website – It is the physical location of your website on the Internet. When a hosting provider grants space on a web server for a website to store its files, they are hosting a website.
The amount of space provided on a server to a website depends on the type of hosting. The main types of hosting are Shared hosting, VPS hosting, Dedicated hosting and Reseller hosting.
How Web Hosting Works
When you want to start a business in offline, you need a permanent location to set up, store, and sell your products. The same rules apply in the online when setting up a website.
When you set up an online business, you need a website. A hosting provider will provide a place on a web server to store your website.
When you pay for hosting services, you are simply renting storage space on the internet — just like you would rent offline store for your business.
When Choosing a Web-Hosting Provider
So, you have finally decided to start your own website on the internet.
Here are a few factors to consider when determining where you would like to host your site.
- What type of website are you building? Small business, blog, portfolio, etc.
- Based on the type of website, what is the bandwidth needed to start your site
- What email features does your provider offer. Do they provide spam protection?
- What type of hosting options are available?
- Do they provide SSL Certificates?
- Technical support is very important. You should be able to speak with a support person 24/7. Most providers offer multiple levels of support, such as email, live chat, whatsapp, hotline and more.
Types of Web Hosting
If you are looking to host a website for your small business, Oryon Networks is the best web hosting provider that offers a variety of hosting services to suit your needs. Once you have chosen your provider, you will need to create a hosting account and determine what type of hosting you needed.
Shared hosting is the most common type of web hosting and is suitable for most online small business owners. Shared hosting provides multiple websites to utilize a single web server. several customers share storage space on one server.
Advantages of Shared Hosting:
- cheapest hosting option you’re going to have available.
- User friendly.
Dedicated hosting is a term used to explain web hosting plans that provide a dedicated server with dedicated to a single business customer. A dedicated server is reserved with 100% of the resources allocated to the user.
Advantages to dedicated hosting:
- Dedicated resources
- Increased security compared to shared hosting
- It provides full administrative power (root access, install program etc..)
VPS is short for a Virtual Private Server that virtually mimics dedicated server environments within a shared server with multiple users.
Advantages of VPS hosting:
- You have full permission to one-click installs of WordPress, Magento, and Drupal.
- Improved reliability
- Comprehensive 24/7 technical support.
Cloud Hosting services that are provided to customers via multiple connected servers that comprise a cloud, as opposed to being provided by a single server or virtual server. Instead, a network of connected virtual and physical cloud servers hosts the application or website, ensuring greater flexibility and scalability.
Advantages of Cloud hosting:
- Unmetered bandwidth
- With cloud hosting you can access resources you need as you grow